Ze Ace's Tech Spot

Monday, September 17, 2007

So I'm a googler

To be more precise, I'm a Noogler, an endearing term that sticks with new Google employees for their first month. I even get a funny Noogler hat to wear to the beer bash this Friday.

So far I must say I'm very impressed. I'm writing this from my new laptop, which is far more capable than the development machine I had before. My linux box at work has one of the biggest screens I've ever seen (So big that you'd be embarrassed to have it expect that everyone else does too, some two). The food was good, but we were herded like sheep today from orientation to orientation and had lunch on the go. I look forward to trying all the cafs.

The overall company feeling is great. Everyone is brilliant, and everyone is new. Seriously, I met one guy who'd been there more than a year. My team is half people under two months, and there's a new guy starting next week. I've been spending the day going through the piles of employee benefits. It's crazy. There's no way you could take advantage of all of them.

Tomorrow I start my engineering-centric training, so that should be better. I'll let everyone know how things are going.

Ciao...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home